About Andrea J. Garcia, Owner
Andrea J. Garcia is an immigration attorney serving Riverside, LA, and Salinas areas and beyond in a boutique law firm that specializes exclusively in immigration law. She is licensed by the State Bar of California, and also certified by the State Bar of California as a specialist in immigration and nationality law.
Andrea specializes in the immigration consequences of criminal activity for noncitizens. In particular, she handles removal defense cases, bond, complicated naturalizations, and post conviction relief.
Attorney Garcia grew up in Kansas City, Missouri where she was raised with Midwestern values of hard work and honesty. She attended an all-girls college preparatory school, Notre Dame de Sion, then went on to complete her bachelor’s in Political Science and minor in French at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Attorney Garcia obtained her law degree at De Paul College of Law in Chicago, Illinois in 2005, and after working in Oaxaca, Mexico on social justice issues she returned to the United States to begin her career in immigration law.
Her extensive travels and work abroad lead her to choose a career as an immigration attorney. She lived and worked in both Thailand and Mexico. She has traveled extensively around Europe, Asia, and South America. These experiences permeate into her practice of law leading to a more compassionate approach to each case.
Attorney Garcia has ten plus years of experience practicing law. She has taught immigration law at Monterey College of Law and is currently teaching crimmigration at the University of La Verne College of Law. She has handled hundreds of cases and maintains up to date on recent developments in immigration law.
Attorney Garcia ensures that each case is evaluated individually, and creates a tailored solution to reach the client’s goals. Contact her today if you would like to consult with her about your immigration issue.
AWARDS / VOLUNTEER HISTORY
- Honored by Kids in Need of Defense, non-profit for outstanding work in representing minors in removal proceedings
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition for community outreach awarded by Congresswoman for the 40th district, Lucille Roybal-Allard
- Certificate of Recognition for commitment and hard work in the Deferred Action Program serving the Community of Southeast Los Angeles from the California State Assembly and the 63rd Assembly District
- Volunteer speaker on immigration relief for LA PICO Voice, Southeast Community Leadership Caucus
- Volunteer attorney for Homeboy Industries and Mexican American Bar Association immigration workshops
- Invited panel moderator and speaker at the 2010 American Immigration Lawyer’s Association California Chapters Conference
- New Member Division Liaison for American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, Los Angeles, CA
- Pro Bono Attorney Volunteer in removal defense cases for Catholic Charities, CARECEN, Kids in Need of Defense and the Coalition Against Slavery and Trafficking
- National Association of Latino Elected Officials (NALEO) volunteer attorney at citizenship workshops
- Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service awarded by the San Francisco Bar Association
Read my reviews on AVVO.
About Sabrina Damast, Of Counsel
Sabrina Damast practices in the areas of immigration and nationality law and post-conviction relief. Before opening her own law practice, Sabrina served as a judicial law clerk in the Los Angeles Immigration Court and worked as an immigration attorney in private practice. As a law clerk, she conducted research and wrote more than two hundred decisions for dozens of Immigration Judges. She developed an expertise in all forms of deportation defense, including applications for asylum, permanent residence, NACARA, fraud waivers, and criminal waivers. As an attorney in private practice, she solidified these skills by representing clients threatened with deportation.
Sabrina is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, swing dancing, and musical theater, and she is the leader of a local Girl Scout troop. Sabrina is a member of the New York and California Bars and is admitted to the Central District of California, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. She frequently publishes articles, teaches CLEs, and gives presentations on immigration law.
About Estrella Peralta, Legal Assistant
Estrella is a graduate of the University of California, Riverside with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Law and Society. She plans on pursuing a career in law.